This last week has been bittersweet. I have gotten to spend lots of time with one of my best friends, Shyan, but at the end of the week I had to say goodbye. Shyan's husband is in the military and they were transferred to Washington State.
You think you will get used to saying goodbye as a military family. You think it will get easier to leave friends behind and have them leave you behind. But it doesn't. Goodbye just plain stinks.
I spent so much of the time after Shyan announced she was leaving trying to avoid thinking about her actually leaving. I actually felt kind of blindsided when it was time to actually say goodbye. I have no regrets. I enjoyed every minute we had together. She is an amazing person. I have been blessed to share time with her and her family. I know we will stay in contact and I know she will be part of my life for years to come. Our girls played together and took dance together. We laughed and cried together. Her daughters warmed my heart and always made me smile! And her son was so much fun to play with. I loved listening to him laugh! I will miss seeing her smiling face. I will miss her children. I will miss watching the kids play. I will miss having them be a part of my day to day life!
You think it gets easier....but it doesn't. And I STILL HATE goodbye!
I won't let that Halloween go! I won't, I tell you.
9 months ago







2 comments:
I'm not good at Goodbyes either :(
Thanks for sharing those pics, Pam! I gacked them for my own!!! :)
We love you, Shyan!!
Post a Comment