Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ouch! What Next?

So, I set out this week thinking it would not be too bad. I had surgery scheduled for Thursday the 28th. I had a cyst on my right index finger that has slowly been getting worse. I could hardly bend my finger anymore. So, off to have surgery. No big deal, right? It went great. Thursday was a piece of cake. Welcome to Friday. I woke up in intense pain...went and took my pain pills. My finger? Nope, not my finger...great! What now?

Intense abdominal cramping took me to the ER on Friday. Great...I was guessing ovarian cyst. Ding ding ding..winner! (You will have to pardon typo's, I am on drugs writing this!) So, after two doses of morphine in the ER (and that just took the edge off the pain) they sent me home with a stronger pain pill and the promise to call my doctor Monday. So, next I guess I may be having another surgery.

All part of my promise to myself to take better care of me and quit ignoring what is wrong with me. So, one surgery down....and on to the next?



2 comments:

Jillian said...

You crack me up!! I can just see you trying to type with that monsterous bandage on your finger! LOL

Pam said...

It's NOT easy...trust me on that one! I have to go back and fix everything at least FIVE times!