You know, I only have to do the single parenting every once in a while. (Well a little more often lately, but hey, its the Navy life) Everytime I do it, I am reminded how hard it really is to do it all alone. Yes, I can do it. Yes I always get through it. I "try" (notice I said try!) not to whine about it. After all, I knew that this was the life I was getting into when I married Jim. But for me there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Jim will be home again soon. So I am only a temporary single parent. Sure when he is gone, he is gone. I don't get the added benefit of phone calls, or mail, or internet. I get occasional Email and I am happy to get that! But, there is the knowledge at the end of the day that I am not doing this all alone.
What being alone makes me appreciate is how hard it is to be a single parent. When the kids are sick, there is no one to help you out. You are all alone cleaning up the mess and comforting the child and losing sleep and praying that no one else gets it. When something breaks, you have to either fix it yourself or call someone in to fix it. When you got grocery shopping, you have to unload everything yourself and put it all away. There is no break in cooking or cleaning or shopping. There is no one to share the load. You are really in it alone. You worry alone, you stress alone, often you are just alone.
So to all the single parents out there, either temporary or permanent, my hat is off to you. It is a hard job. And you do it so well. Take pride in your strength. And shine!
I won't let that Halloween go! I won't, I tell you.
9 months ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment