This has been a long hard year. A lot of things have changed in my life. Friends have moved away. Relationships I counted on were redefined. My family faced several health challenges. I have often struggled as a person. I have found it easier to just hide behind a smile.
Don't get me wrong, there has been a lot of joy this year too. And as I sit here on Christmas Day, I reflect on everything that has happened this year. We celebrated birthdays, we had laughter and tears, we worried about my daddy and my Father-in-Law, we traveled, we watched my babies start kindergarten, we said goodbye to wonderful friends, we celebrated as my baby sister moved back out on her own. My personal joys were abundant too. My best friend was in a horrible accident, but survived, my relationship with my husband is stronger than ever and I love him more and more every day, my children are beautiful and healthy, I got to be with my family for the holidays.
I feel like it has been a wonderful year. I have lost some relationships in my life, others have been redefined, but in the end, I have what matters most. As I watch my babies sleep peacefully after a long day, I know that this has been a good year. I am where I want to be. I think I will always miss the things that have hanged, the people that have gone, but I will be okay.
I won't let that Halloween go! I won't, I tell you.
9 months ago







1 comments:
Yeah its always good to look back at what you do have and not what has been lost.. i still miss the old times in NN myself.. but im getting used to it here and now i cant wait to meet my twin girls!! Hopefully ill be able to make a visit down there so that you can meet them to. Thank you for being a friend and giving me advice. Im truly thankful to God for putting you in my life, where you will be FOREVER! ((hugs))
Post a Comment