Thursday, December 3, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Some days I just love being a mom. (Did the sarcasm come through there?) I wonder when the filter will kick in and the kids will THINK about what comes out of their mouths. (Don't worry, I am not delusional, I know that is a long way away!)

So, the story for the day: We were at the bus stop this morning. I had on jeans and a thermal shirt. (Wow, I actually did NOT wear my PJ's to the bus stop today!) Caitlin, my beautiful, observant daughter, gave me a hug and then proceeded to ask me why my belly was so fat. She then lifted my shirt and asked me if there was a baby in my belly. Wow! Really? Do I look that bad? My five year old thinks I am fat! Great start to my day, huh?

So, when will that filter kick in? And yeah, guess I need to get my fat ass back to the Y!

0 comments: