Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Humble Thank You

We spent our Spring Break in Florida with my family. It was wonderful to be able to visit and enjoy the week with them. I love my family. While we were there, the kids went to the zoo. Then as a surprise, my parents had planned to take all four grand children to Disney World for the first time. I can't even put into words how wonderful that experience was. Seeing Disney through the eyes of my children was so joyful. Mom and dad bought 4 day passes and also booked a hotel room for us all. Spending the time there as a family was just wonderful. Having mom and dad there and my sister and her boys just made the experience that much sweeter.

My children do not yet understand the gift they were given. I don't think they will understand that for years to come. But I do. The gift of sharing a wonderful time with family and the fun we all had together, the memories we shared and created as a family, they are all part of us now. Someday the kids will understand and will appreciate the gift. For now, they are just thrilled they got to take a trip to Disney. And I am thrilled too. But beyond that, I am thankful. Sharing this experience with not only my children, but my parents made the time so special. It was everything I thought it would be...and even more.

Thank you mom and dad. Thank you for the gift you gave all of us. I love you both very much!

0 comments: