Okay, so I am going to gripe a little bit! Today is remicade day. Great...today sucks, but I will be feeling MUCH better in a few days!
So why today of all days does my daughter decide to test me? Its like she KNOWS. She just senses that I am having a bad day and tries to needle me. She was getting ready to leave for dance and I told her to put her jacket on and get her dance bag. She turned around and said to me "Mom, I only have two hands, I can only do one thing at a time. It's not like I can do everything at once." Nice Cait...real nice. I told her that she was not allowed to talk to me like that. Jim made no comment, but after she was out the door, commented about how funny it was to hear her say that. I was offended. (Guess I really shouldn't be! I KNOW I have said something similar to that at least a hundred times to the kids when they are pulling me in two different directions! And it is funny, sure, in hindsight, it is.)
Anyway, I digress. Cait and I are just struggling again. I think she is mad at me for being sick and not able to do everything for her. Does that make sense? I mean, do 5 year olds hold grudges?
I dunno...and then little man comes home today and gives me a "card" he made me at school today. It is a picture if me and him and says "I love mom" and has a butterfly on the back. He says he made it so I would know that he loves me just as much as he loves daddy.
Take the good with the bad, right? How long can a kid hold a grudge anyway?
After all, guess she is right, she can only do one thing at a time....
I won't let that Halloween go! I won't, I tell you.
9 months ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment